1341 South Atherton Street, State College 16801
Go through training or orientation
Ten Thousand Villages
More opportunities with Ten Thousand Villages
Volunteering with Ten Thousand Villages:
We ask that our volunteers commit to spending 8 hours per month with us. Volunteer shifts can be either 2 or 4 hours in length. Volunteers will spend most of this time on their feet and the work does entail bending at light lifting.
● Greeting customers as they enter the store
● Sharing information about the store and mission
● Learning product background and artisan stories
● Assisting customers and offering suggestions
● Unpacking orders and pricing product
● Stocking and straightening shelves
● Arranging and moving displays
● Light housekeeping (polishing jewelry, sweeping, dusting)
We ask that all volunteers dress business casual and look neat for all floor shifts. Volunteers should be comfortable as they bend and stretch to reach for product.
Ten Thousand Villages is more than a store. We're a global maker-to-market movement that breaks the cycle of generational poverty and ignites social change.